We had to cancel a trip to Australia due to my wife's knee blowing out, they denied the claim due to pre-existing conditions.Yes, she has had a bad knee for several years, however we have been able to travel and go.

Recently knee took a turn for the worse which will require a knee replacement. Typical insurance company, love to take your money, however hate to pay claims.

This is the first time I have ever purchased travel insurance and I can tell you it will be the last, especially from this company.You just have to *** the proverbial bullet and I can do that without their assistance.

Review about: Allianz Global Assistance Usa Travel Insurance.

Had an Experience with Allianz Global Assistance Usa?

Comments

michael.crosby
Ypsilanti, Michigan, United States #665769

I agree.

A total waste of money and time - a total scam for me trying to insure a frequent flyer redemption ticket.

Charged me more in insurance than rebooking + extra miles (which they never cover anyway).

DO NOT BUY TRAVEL INSURANCE FROM JET BLUE ALLIANZ. IT IS A WASTE OF MONEY AND TIME. IT IS TOTAL SCAM

I bought a travael insurance from JETBLUE Allianz and is a total scam. I found that besides losing $100.00 to Jet Blue I also lost the $46.00 to Allianz. Total Scam do not buy it.

We had a similar experience, sbegor.In our case, our daughter was hospitalized for severe depression after a suicide attempt.

Had we been able to predict the future--and had we read the buried fine print--we would have ignored the temptation to "protect our trip."

Answer me this: how is Allianz allowed to discriminate against disabled people? A person with a documented mental illness is DISABLED, and the law protects this person from discrimination. NEVER AGAIN will anyone in our family use Allianz.

And we are telling this story to NAMI and all of our friends, you can be sure.Maybe Allianz followed the letter of the law, but they sure aren't ethical in their dealings with disabled people.

sbegor

My wife got a statement from her doctor saying that hes she had suffered from osteoarthritis for several years, however just recently knee took a turn for the worse and was the cause for her not able to travel. Allianz response to both of us - pre-existing condition. As I have said before, I would not purchase travel insurance from these people ever!!!!!

Hello –

Jackie from the Help Team here. We’re sorry to hear about your wife’s knee injury. Please note that travel insurance is like any other type of insurance in that there are terms and conditions that determine if a claim is payable. As you may know, the product you purchased did not include coverage for existing medical conditions. We, as well as our airline partners, want consumers to make informed decisions when it comes to travel insurance. When the insurance is offered, we make sure that we indicate that “Limitations apply” and provide a link which consumers may use if they want to review the terms and conditions.

Should you have additional questions on the outcome of your claim, or if you’d like to get a better understanding of the policy you purchased, please call our customer service line at 1-800-419-8016. Once again, we apologize we were unable to cover you in your situation, and we wish your wife a healthy recovery.

Regards,